The Federation of Children’s Book Groups produces a brand new booklist yearly, each year focussing on a new theme. The leaflets are written by people who are experts in their fields.
Funded both by the FCBG and a variety of sponsors, these booklists are available for free and can be posted free of charge to anyone in the UK. You can find a preview of each of the booklists below. In order to request a set, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our new fantastic non-fiction booklist 100 Brilliant non-fiction books for Children and Young People, produced with The Norfolk Book Centre and World Book Day is also available for download here.
Our new booklist for 2016, More Poetry Please…, highlights some of the best books currently available for 5 – 12 year olds, encouraging children (and parents, carers and teachers) to enjoy rhyme and rhythm together. Click here and here for a taster. To order your copies contact email@example.com.
Our other booklists include:
- Inside the Box – a selection of comics and graphic novels for all ages (2015)
- If you liked this… – fabulous recommended reading for children aged 8-12 years (2014)
- It’s Never too Early to Start – a selection of contemporary books for the under 5s (2013)
- Teensandbeyond (2012)
- Going Solo: a Selection of Books Especially Chosen for the Newly Independent Reader (2009 – updated 2012)
- Its a Fact (2011)
- Up and Running: a Selection of books for the Fluent Young Reader (2010)
Erratum: In “It’s a Fact” the author of Talk, Talk, Squawk!: How and Why Animals Communicate should be Nicola Davies, not Nicola Morgan. Our apologies to Nicola Davies.