- Debi Gliori explained, in illustration no less, told us all about Dragon Loves Penguin, on Being a Mummy .
- Activities related to the The Day The Crayons Quit, including a fabulous colouring sheet, were shared on Magpie That .
- Steve Cole talked about the inspiration behind Go to Sleep or I Let Loose the Leopard on Mummy Mishaps .
- Mo Willems answered some questions about That is NOT a Good Idea and picture book creating in general over on My Book Corner .
- Pamela Butchart answered some questions about writing and Baby Aliens Got My Teachers over on Making it Up .
- Megan Rix talked about how her dogs inspired her for The Bomber Dog and every day life in general on Book Babblers .
- An exclusive extract of David Walliams' Demon Dentist, as well as some illustrations from the book, were shared on Wondrous Reads
- Stuart Hill talked about what inspired him to write Prince of the Icemark on Teen Librarian .
- An exclusive peek at the first chapter of Malorie Blackman's Noble Conflict as well as a video of Malorie talking about the book were shared on Library Mice .
- Sophie McKenzie answered some questions about the Red House Children's Book Award and Split Second over on So Many Books, So Little Time.
Many thanks to all the bloggers who have participated, and to the authors and illustrators for their time.
And now to celebrate the recent announcement of the shortlist for the Red House Children's Book Award, we have three brilliant prizes to give away this week!
You could win your choice of:
- A complete set of the shortlisted books in the "Books for Younger Children" category
Dragon Loves Penguin by Debi Gliori (Bloomsbury Children's Books)
The Day The Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt & Oliver Jeffers (HarperCollins Children' Books)
Go to Sleep or I Let Loose the Leopard by Steve Cole and Bruce Ingman (Jonathan Cape)
That is NOT a Good Idea by Mo Willems (Walker Books)
- A complete set of the shortlisted books in the "Books for Younger Readers" category
Baby Aliens Got My Teacher! by Pamela Butchart (Nosy Crow)
The Bomber Dog by Megan Rix (Puffin Books)
Demon Dentist by David Walliams (HarperCollins Children' Books)
- A complete set of the shortlisted books in the "Books for Older Readers" category
Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman (Doubleday)
Prince of the Icemark by Stuart Hill (Chicken House)
Split Second by Sophie McKenzie (Simon & Schuster Children's Books)
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post. 3 winners will be drawn at random a week today (ie Tuesday 18 November). Once winners have been drawn you will be asked which prize you would like to win (you do not need to make your mind up in advance). The first drawn winner will have a choice from all 3 prizes, the second drawn winner will have a choice of the two remaining prizes, and so on. If a drawn winner does not wish to receive one of the remaining prizes, there is no alternative prize.
This competition is now closed and the winners are being contacted.